Short Story Next
Loading...
Sunday 18 January 2015

THE DOG AND THE WOLF
Aesop’s fable
Photo: Google

Freedom is not negotiable
A Wolf, almost dead with hunger, happened to meet a house dog that was passing by. “Ah, Cousin,” said the Dog, “your irregular life will soon ruin you. Why do you not work steadily as I do, and get a good feed regularly every day? “
“I would have no objection,” said the Wolf, “if I could only get a place.” “I will easily arrange that for you; come with me to my master and you shall share my work,” said the dog.
So, the Wolf and the Dog went towards the town together. On the way the Wolf noticed that the hair on the Dog’s neck was worn away, so he asked him how that had come about.
“Oh, it is nothing,” said the Dog. “That is only the place where the collar is put on me at night to keep me chained up; it troubles me a little bit, but one soon gets used to it.”
“Is that all?” said the Wolf. “Then good-bye to you, Master’s dog.”

THOUGHTS

Freedom is the greatest gift

Freedom has the greatest value. it has no price
Don’t be a slave to anyone, not even to yourself
Penury in freedom is better than plenty in captivity
It’s better to live on one’s knees than die on one’s feet


Story from : 101 Parables Stories and Fables - P. Ribes, S. J.

Courtesy : 
Rev. Fr. Jerry Sequeira S.J., 
Gujarat Sahitya Prakash, Anand

Click to Download BBNApp
 BBNApp

0 comments:

Post a Comment