Short Story Next
Loading...
Thursday 1 January 2015

THE HOUSE BUILDER

Anonymous

We are the builders of our future
An elderly carpenter was about to retire. His employer asked from him
one last favour: “Kindly, before you retire, build one more house for a
friend of mine.”


The carpenter feeling obliged to his employer had to say yes. However,
with the thought of his retirement, he did his building job in a great
hurry and in a sloppy way. The final work was poor and shoddy.
When the house was completed, the employer handed over to him the
key of the new house and said: “My friend, this house is my gift to you
for your long years of serving me. Enjoy it!”

The carpenter, in a shock, said to himself: ”Oh, if I had known that
this house was to be my house, I would have built it in greater earnest
and in a much thorough way! Now, I’ll have to live in it, whether I like
it or not, till the end of my days”

FOOD FOR THOUGHT
Each day when we do anything at all, - unawares - we build the house
of our future, where we shall have to live until the end of our days
Someone said: Life is a do-it-yourself project
The attitudes we have, and the choices we make today, build the
success and the happiness of our tomorrow
Carefully and wisely, build today your future

Courtesy: 
Rev. Fr. Jerry S.J.
Gujarat Sahitya Prakash

0 comments:

Post a Comment